Search This Blog

People who follow the blog

Sunday, March 4, 2012

How to make classes fun and creative?

Here's a list of thing I do to make my classes interesting.
  • I move around the classroom and try to get the whole class involved.
  • I use TPR warm-up activities with first- and second-graders.
  • My students are ecstatic when I bring my sister's laptop and play some YouTube clips or songs.
  • They love games like word bingo or day-night (or stand up-sit down).
  • I print flashcards and coloring pages to first- and second-graders a lot.
  • I prepare short handouts, from time to time, providing links with useful dictionaries (single words translation, single word pronunciation, pronunciation of whole texts, etc.).


Dobri online rečnici englesko-srpski/srpsko-engleski:
http://www.ectaco.co.uk/English-Serbian-Dictionary/
www.lingvosoft.com/English-Serbian-Dictionary/

www.recnik.com


Nije uvek tačan i pouzdan:
translate.google.com

npr. This is a doorOvo je vrata, već Ovo SU vrata.
        It’s hot vruće, već Vruće JE.
        It’s cold hladno, već Hladno JE.
Mother is cooking Majka je kuvanje, već Majka KUVA.
              is cooking – kuva
                  cooking – kuvanje

Rečnici za pravilan engleski izgovor (Izgovara po jednu reč): http://www.macmillandictionary.com/dictionary/british/
Kada upišete željenu reč na engleskom, kliknete na search. Nakon toga, ispod reči ispisane crvenom bojom kliknite na dugme sa zvučnikom na kome piše Pronunciation.
Izgovara više reči, rečenice, čak i tekstove: http://imtranslator.net/translate-and-speak/#window
U belo polje upišete željenu rečenicu ili tekst na engleskom, iznad belog polja odaberete speak SLOW, ukoliko vam je NORMAL jako brzo, i kliknete na Translate & Speak english (male)

At the end of the class, whenever I do something different, I ask for feedback. 

Sometimes my students ask me something I happen to don't know, but I don't fear to say I don't know something. I always check it at home and tell the students in the following class.

As a busy novice teacher, I'm 100% open to all kinds of suggestions about making classes more interesting and creative. If you have some ideas to share, please do so.

3 comments:

  1. Dear Milja,
    your pieces of advice are really helpful.
    These guidelines are the road to success, when it comes to teaching young learners.
    From your posts I can feel enthusiasm and true energy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should see the new film "Freedom Writers" with Hilary Swank,about a novice teacher and how she deals successfully with challenges!You remind me of her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Nina,
    Thank you for commenting! :)
    I am going to see the film, thank you for the suggestion. And thank you so much for the support.

    ReplyDelete